The Technical Training Centre-Baranagar (Kolkata), an ISO-9001:2008 certified training division of GRSE Ltd, is a leading technical training institute in Eastern India. This Centre is totally engaged in imparting and arranging technical training to the trainees of various categories as detailed hereinafter.
TTC was set up in 1995 in a two acre campus at Baranagar, Kolkata. The campus is on B. T. Road, near Dunlop Bridge. The place is well connected by public transports like City Bus Services and Sub-urban Railway (Local) services (Near Baranagar Road Rly. Stn.)
3) Training of Trainee Marine Engineers (TME)
- Course: GRSE Ltd. (TTC) conducts one year pre-sea training course under M.O.T Class IV, Part-"A" scheme with approval of Directorate General of Shipping (DGS), Mumbai (Govt. of India).
- Intake: Two sessions per year (March session & September session). 50 (fifty) trainees are engaged in each session.
- Entry Standard: Graduate in Mechanical Engineering / Naval Architecture/ Mechanical & Automation Engineering from College approved by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) with minimum 50% marks in final year engineering & minimum 50% marks in English language in 10th or 12th std. or in Degree Course conducted by Board or University.
- Age Limit: Not more than 28 years as on date of commencement of training (1st September / 1st March each year). Age relaxation for SC/ST as per prevailing Govt. rule.
- Medical Fitness: Candidates shall be declared physically fit by D. G. Shipping approved Doctor as per M. S. Rule. The addresses of approved doctors are available at D. G. Shipping website www.dgshipping.gov.in.
- Training Fee (Non-residential & Non-refundable): For General & OBC Rs.1,82,000/- & Rs. 1,72,900/- for SC/ST candidates, inclusive of all taxes & duties, for total course period of one year.
- This is a NON-RESIDENTIAL course. The institute will NOT provide any assistance in placement.
- Application Procedure: Separate advertisement will be published in employment news for both the Session i.e. March & September every year & A information brochure having application format will also be uploaded at our website www.grse.nic.in against each session.
- Application fee: Application fee of Rs. 1000/- (Rupees One Thousand only) in form of Demand Draft in favour of Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Ltd. to be submitted along with application. However, candidates belongs to SC/ST are exempted from application fee.
- Admission Procedure: Admissions are made as per D. G. Shipping Guideline through direct application & through sponsorship by Shipping Companies against our advertisement published in employment news.
- Following Fees are to be borne in addition to the training fee, by the candidate during training period, which are statutory requirements as per D. G. Shipping Rule:
i. Cost of TAR book & training manual – Rs. 1320/- (approx.) (processed by GRSE).
ii. CDC enrolment fee – Rs. 700/- (approx.) (processed by GRSE).
iii. Fee for INDoS No. – Rs. 1200/- (approx.) (processed by GRSE).
iv. Fees for STCW courses - Rs. 10,000/- (approx), since GRSE do not conduct STCW course, the same are arranged by us at IMU Kolkata. The trainees have to attend following STCW courses which are compulsory for successful completion of the pre-sea training course(GME/TME):
(a) Personal Safety and Social Responsibility (PSSR). (b) Elementary First Aid (EFA).
(c) Personal Survival Techniques (PST). (d) Fire prevention and Fire Fighting (FPFF).
(e) Security Training for Seafarers with Designated Security Duties (STSDSD).
In addition to above official dress, boiler suit, safety shoes & safety helmet are to be borne by candidate separately.
4) Salient features of TME Training
- This training is assigned a Comprehensive Inspection Programme (CIP) grading of “A2” in 2014 by Indian Register of Shipping (IRS) a reputed & D.G. Shipping nominated Organization. Courses carrying the CIP grading “A2” come under “Very Good” category.
- Expert faculties having CoC of Marine Engineer Officer class-I (chief Engineers) for theory sessions.
- A dedicated team of talented & experienced Workshop Instructors.
- Placement at GRSE’s shipyards at Kolkata for On Job Training.
- STCW courses at Indian Maritime University (IMU), Kolkata.
NOTE:The successful completion of “one year Pre-sea Training course under M.O.T Class IV, Part – A scheme" does not guarantee on board training which is mandatory for employment.
6) Statutory training under Apprenticeship Training Schemes as per the Apprentices Act, 1961
Trade apprentices as fresher & Ex-ITI engaged through wide advertisement in GRSE wbsite & newspaper. Normally advertisement is given in March/April and engagement completed by Dec. During training period, trade apprentices are getting stipend as per rule, they enjoy casual leave and medical leave as per rule.
A) Trade Apprentices (Fresher)
|Trades||Electrician, Fitter, Machinist, Pipe Fitter, Welder (G&E)|
|Entry Standard||Madhyamik / Equivalent|
|Training Type||Basic Training plus On Job Training at GRSE shipyard & engineering (Bally Bridge)|
|Duration||a) 2 Years (for Welder (G&E) trade)
b) 3 Years (for other trades)
B) Trade Apprentices (Ex-ITI)
Draftsman (Mechanical), Carpenter, Computer Operator & Programming Assistant (COPA), Mechanic Machine Tool Maintenance (MMTM), Welder (G&E), Machinist, Pipe Fitter, Fitter, Fitter (Structural) and Electrician
On Job Training at GRSE shipyard & engineering (Bailey Bridge) & offices
a) 1 Year (for Electrician, Fitter, Machinist, Welder (G&E), Draftsman (Mech.), COPA & MMTM trades)
b) 2 Years (for Pipe Fitter, Fitter (Structural) and Carpenter trades)
C) Graduate Apprentices & Technical Apprentices
|Administered by||Board for Practical Training ( BOPT), Eastern Region, Salt Lake, Kolkata - 700064|
Fresh Graduate Engineers (as Graduate Apprentices)
Fresh Diploma Engineers (as Technical Apprentices)
|Training Type||On Job (Practical) Training|
|Stipend per month||Rs. 10,000/- for graduate apprentices & Rs. 8,000/- for technician apprentices.|
7) Facilities at TTC
- Air-conditioned Class Room with Projector for TME training
- Simulator for T.M.E. training (Make PC Maritime UK) consisting of Engine Room Console, Turbo Diesel, Virtual Engine Room, CBT on Engine (Marine Power Plant)
- Training Workshop consisting of Welding shop (with Aluminum Welding facilities), Machine shop, Fitting shop, Pipe Fitting shop & Electrical shop
- Demonstration Room with equipment and models
- Computer Room
- Technical Library
- Hot Meal Canteen
- Medicare Centre (with First Aid facility)
- Recreation Centre (with indoor games facilities)
- 110 KVA DG Set power back up.
8) Contact details
Further detail may be obtained from:-
Technical Training Centre (GRSE Ltd.),
5, R. N. Tagore Road (Near Dunlop Bridge),
Kolkata – 700056
Tel: (033) 25647144
Fax: (033) 25443421,