The Technical Training Centre – Baranagar (Kolkata), an ISO-9001:2008 certified training division of G.R.S.E. Ltd, is a leading technical training institute in Eastern India. This Centre is totally engaged in imparting and arranging technical training to the trainees of various categories as detailed hereinafter.
T.T.C. was set up in 1995 in a two acre campus at Baranagar, Kolkata. The campus is on B.T. Road, near Dunlop Bridge. The place is well connected by public transports like City Bus Services and Sub-urban Railway (Local) services (Near Baranagar Road Rly. Stn.)
3) Training of Trainee Marine Engineers (TME)
- Course: T.T.C. (G.R.S.E. Ltd.) conducts one year Pre - Sea Training course under M.O.T Class IV, Part - "A" scheme with approval of Directorate General of Shipping (DGS), Mumbai (Govt. of India).
- Intake: Two sessions per year (March session & September session). 50 (fifty) trainees are engaged in each session.
- Entry Standard: Graduate in Mechanical Engineering / Naval Architecture from College approved by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) with minimum 50% marks in final year engineering & minimum 50% marks in English language in 10th or 12th std. or in Diploma / Degree Course conducted by Board or University.
- Age Limit: Not more than 28 years as on date of commencement of training (1st September / 1st March each year). Age relaxation for SC/ST as per prevailing Govt. rule.
- Medical Fitness: Candidates shall be declared physically fit by D.G. Shipping approved Doctor as per M.S. Rule. The address of approved doctors are available at D.G. Shipping website www.dgshipping.com
- Training Fee (Non-refundable): Rs.1,00,000/- (Rupees One Lakh only) inclusive of all taxes & duties), for total course period of one year.
- This is a NON-RESIDENTIAL course. The institute will NOT provide any assistance in placement.
- Application Procedure: Application in plain paper addressed to In-charge (TTC) is to be submitted along with attested copies of following documents:
- Applicant’s Bio-data,
- 10th marks sheet & pass certificate,
- 12th or ISC or Diploma marks sheets (for parallel entry) and pass certificate,
- Proof of eligible marks in English subject,
- Marks sheet of all semesters / years of Mechanical Engineering / Naval Architecture,
- Provisional / Final engineering degree certificate from university (not from college / institute),
- Age proof,
- Bonafide / character certificate from college,
- Letter from AICTE regarding approval of course for college,
- Application fees of Rs.1000/- (Rupees One Thousand only) in form of Demand Draft on any bank at Kolkata as application fees in favour of GARDEN REACH SHIPBUILDERS & ENGINEERS LTD. to be submitted along with application.
- Incomplete application in any form will be rejected.
- Admission Procedure: Admission are made as per D.G. Shipping Guideline through application against our Advertisement in newspaper (in Employment News), in the 2nd week of April for sessions starting from 1st September every year and in the 2nd week of October for session starting from 1st March next year. Admissions are made also through sponsorship by Shipping Companies.
- The training fee of Rs.1,00,000/- (Non Refundable and Non-Residential) in the form of demand draft favouring GARDEN REACH SHIPBUILDERS & ENGINEERS LIMITED on any bank payable at Kolkata, along with medical fitness certificate from D.G. Shipping approved doctor and Police Verification Certificate are to be submitted at the time of admission.
Following Fees are to be borne in addition to the training fee, by the candidate during training period, which are statutory requirements as per D. G. Shipping Rule:
- STCW Training Fee - Rs.8000/- (approx.) (arranged by GRSE at IMU, Kolkata),
- Cost of TAR book & manual - Rs.1500/- (approx.) (processed by GRSE),
- CDC enrollment fee - Rs.500/- (approx.) (processed by GRSE),
- Fee for INDOS No. & Mass Entry Format “B” - Rs.1800/- (approx.) (processed by GRSE).
4) Salient features of T.M.E. Training
- This training is assigned a grading of “CARE Grade 2 (Two)” by Credit Analysis & Research Limited (CARE), a reputed rating and grading agency. Courses carrying this grade come under “Very Good” category.
- Expert faculties from FOSMA (Foreign Owners’ Representatives & Ship Managers Association) for theory sessions.
- A dedicated team of talented & experienced Workshop Instructors.
- Placement at GRSE’s shipyards at Kolkata for On Job Training
- STCW courses at Indian Maritime University (IMU), Kolkata
NOTE:The successful completion of “one year Pre - Sea Training course under M.O.T Class IV, Part – A scheme" does not guarantee on board training which is mandatory for employment.
5) Workshop training for cadets pursuing 4-yrs. Marine Engg. Course
|Duration of training
||Rs.66,000/- (Non Residential & Non Refundable)
||The Director / Principal of the institute shall
forward the name of the cadet to In-charge (TTC)
6) Statutory training under Apprenticeship Training Schemes as per the Apprentices Act, 1961
A) Trade Apprentices (Fresher)
||Electrician, Fitter, Machinist, Pipe Fitter, Welder (G&E)
||Madhyamik / Equivalent
||Basic Training plus On Job Training
||a) 2 Years (for Welder (G&E) trade)
b) 3 Years (for other trades)
B) Trade Apprentices (Ex-ITI)
||Draftsman (Mechanical), Carpenter, Programming and
System Administration Assistant (PASAA), Mechanic
Machine Tool Maintenance (MMTM), Welder (G&E),
Machinist, Pipe Fitter, Fitter, Fitter (Structural) and
||Pass ITI Examination
||On Job Training
||a) 1 Year (for Electrician, Fitter, Machinist, Welder (G&E), Draftsman (Mech.), PASAA & MMTM trades)
b) 2 Years (for Pipe Fitter, Fitter (Structural) and Carpenter trades)
C) Graduate Apprentices & Technical Apprentices
||Board for Practical Training ( BOPT), Eastern Region, Salt Lake, Kolkata - 700064
Fresh Graduate Engineers ( as Graduate Apprentices)
Fresh Diploma Engineers ( as Technical Apprentices)
||On Job (Practical) Training
7) Facilities at TTC
- Air-conditioned Class Room with LCD Projector for T.M.E. training
- Simulator for T.M.E. training (Make PC Maritime UK) consisting of Engine Room Console, Turbo Diesel, Virtual Engine Room, CBT on Engine (Marine Power Plant)
- Training Workshop consisting of Welding shop (with Aluminum Welding facilities), Machine shop, Fitting shop, Pipe Fitting shop & Electrical shop
- Demonstration Room with equipment and models
- Computer Room
- Technical Library
• Hot Meal Canteen
• Medicare Centre (with First Aid facility)
• Play Ground (with Volleyball court)
• Recreation Centre (with indoor games facilities)
• 110 KVA DG Set power back up.
8) Contact details
Further detail may be obtained from:-
Technical Training Centre (GRSE Ltd.),
5, Dr. RN Tagore Road (Near Dunlop Bridge),
Kolkata – 700056
Tel: (033) 25647144/25642849,
Fax: (033) 25443421,